- Always uses a clean vase and quality water. – One of the largest deterrents to fresh cut flower life is bacterial.
- Always use warm (100 – 110 degree) clean water
- Always use the fresh flower food provided.
- Always re-cut your flowers initially.
- Always remove the leaves below the water line.
- Always check the water daily and top it up.
- Remove any flowers that with time look less than pristine, as this will keep the remaining flowers looking fresh.
- Never use a “home made” substitute for flower food such as aspirin, soda pop, or bleach.
- Never remove all foliage from the stem
- Never place your flowers with or near fresh fruit or cigarette smoke as both produce ethylene gas which will shorten flower life.
- Never place flowers in direct sunlight, near a heat register, or near any other source of excessive heat.
- Never use flower food in crystal or metal containers as the acid in the flower food will react with metal (including the lead in crystal)